Description – Tapentadol is consumed to relieve moderate to severe short-term pain (such as pain from an injury or after surgery). It belongs to a class of drugs known as opioid (narcotic) analgesics. It works in the brain to change how your body feels and responds to pain.
- Take this medicine by mouth as prescribed by your doctor.
- If you are nauseous you may have food before taking the medicine.
- Consume pain medicine once the pain is realized.
- If you wait till the pain worsens the medicines may not even work.
- Do not reduce or increase your dose often or more than prescribed.
- Mention if you have any allergies to your physician or pharmacist.
- Do not drive or use any heavy machines as this medicine may make you feel dizzy.
- Do not consume alcohol or marijuana as it may make you feel dizzier.
- If pregnant use only if this medicine is clearly needed.
- Lower breathing
- Dizziness or drowsiness.
- It created dependence and withdrawal in patients.
- Abuse of Tapentadol risks overdosage which can be fatal.
- It also possesses the risk of hypertension, respiratory depression, seizures, and other disorders.