DESCRIPTION – Doxycycline is an antibiotic that is used to treat a variety of pathogenic bacteria. This medicine treats pathogenic bacteria that belong to the gram-positive microorganisms. This medicine is not only used to i9n the treatment of bacteria but also acne. It also has contents that are used in the prevention of malaria. Doxycycline can treat only bacterial infections and not any infections caused by fungi and viruses.
- It kills the outer membrane of the bacteria that infect the body.
- This medicine cuts the nutrients that go to the bacteria through which it grows.
- This creates starvation and ultimately kills the bacteria.
- The bacteria will be completely flushed out provided you take the entire dosage prescribed to you.
- It can be taken orally with water.
- The standard recommended dose is 100 mg to 2oo mg.
- Complete the whole course of the given prescription to completely eradicate the infection.
- Avoid consumption of other antibiotics while taking Doxycycline.
- Do not take the medicine if there is no strong evidence of bacterial infection as it may develop antibiotic resistance.
- Consult your physician before taking this medicine if you are pregnant.
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Upset stomach.
- Severe cases of diarrhea have been reported. This medicine may cause mild diarrhea to colitis. Consult your doctor if the symptoms become worse.
- There might be some severe skin reactions if you see such symptoms consult your doctor right away.