Description – Artvigil is a generic form of Armodafinil (called Nuvigil – In the USA). Each tablet contains exactly 150mg of Armodafinil. Armodafinil is a newer (2007) enantiopure form of Modafinil, consisting only of the (R)-enantiomer of Modafinil. Artvigil is sold in aluminum blister strips containing 10 tablets per strip. Each blister strip is manufactured to include perforated tear points, meaning each tablet can be separated from the strip individually, without exposing the tablet. This makes Artvigil extremely easy to transport and store.
- Many drugs are sold as a racemic mixture containing two isomers of the structure of the compounds. These are often called the (R) and (S) Isomer.
- This means that once the drug is ingested, there are two “versions” of the chemical structure taking effect within your body.
- Armodafinil gets rid of extreme sleepiness caused due to narcolepsy and other sleep disorders like sleep apnea which stops a person breathing multiple times throughout the night.
- It helps you keep awake during work hours controlling your brain’s sleep and wake cycle.
- Please consult your doctor before consuming these tablets, these tablets must be consumed according to their guidance.
- For narcolepsy, these tablets can be taken by mouth, once daily in the morning as directed by your doctor.
- Continue your treatment if you‘re taking these tablets for sleep apnea unless your doctor tells you to.
- Take the regular dosage of these medicines for better results.
- This medication might contain inactive contents which can cause allergic reactions.
- So if you are allergic to anything it is safer to consult your doctor regarding it before taking these tablets.
- This drug reduces active responsiveness and thus makes you dizzy most of the time.
- Do not drive or make use of heavy machinery if you have consumed Armodafinil as it makes you dizzy.
- Alcohol or Marijuana may be dangerous as it may make you feel dizzy.
- Dry Mouth
- Dizziness and more, tell your doctor immediately if these effects increase
- Tell your doctor right away if you have an irregular heartbeat, pounding, mood swings (hallucinations, rare thoughts of suicide, depression, agitation)
- Avoid caffeine close to bedtime for better sleep and effectiveness of the medicine.
- Do not double the dose if you miss any dose. Take it as soon as you remember if it is around your dose time.
- Please use only the prescribed manner to dispose of the medicine.