Description – Soma (carisoprodol) comes in 250mg and 350 mg tablets. Carisoprodol is a white crystalline powder having a bitter taste and a mild characteristic odor. It is slightly soluble in water and fully soluble in alcohol. Soma is indicated to be consumed for acute discomfort and pain caused by musculoskeletal conditions in adults.
- When people need to treat muscle discomfort and pain, they are often prescribed to take Soma as their effective short-term treatment.
- However, this medication should be combined with enough rest, physical therapies and other treatment options to get the most out of it. Its intake works by helping users relax their muscles.
- Carisoprodol once absorbed started its effectiveness in 30 minutes and lasts for up to 4 to 6 hours.
- The half-life of soma is for about 100 minutes, but depending upon an individual’s metabolism it may last for up to 3 hours.
- Soma 250mg and 350mg are recommended to be taken thrice a day and once at bedtime.
- Soma should be consumed for a short period of time like 2 to 3 weeks.
- The reason behind using it for a short period is that there is no evidence of the effectiveness of Soma if it takes for a prolonged period of time.
- Although Soma is taken for acute musculoskeletal conditions which last for a short period thus it is advisable to take it for a short period of time.
- Please consult your doctor before consuming Soma tablets.
- If you are allergic to anything it is safer to talk to your doctor about it.
- Avoid Soma if you ever had a liver or kidney disease.
- Avoid driving or use of heavy machinery or any task that requires alertness as Soma can make you feel drowsy.
- Must be consumed under the guidance, prescription, and supervision of a professional.
- Burning eyes
- Difficulty in breathing
- Soma has sedative properties, it is experienced in 13% to 17% of patients who have consumed it.
- Carisoprodol is an active ingredient in Soma which is addictive and has been used for abused for criminal uses.
- It created dependence and withdrawal in patients.
- Abuse of Soma risks overdosage which can be fatal.
- It also possesses the risk of hypertension, respiratory depression, seizures, and other disorders.